Hello an enthusiast,
So, you have started with your University life with full energy and you want to make best out of it. I have been through this time and I want you to do what I did and even what I missed ! This time is going to be probably the best time of your life. I, being a student of Thapar University, would love to share what you should not miss out in University:
- Make Friends: Well, to some this might sound absurd and obvious, but when I say ‘Make Friends’ I don’t want you to make everyone your life long friend. Try to build your that kind of aura with which you are able to interact with anyone. Eating in mess ? talk with the guy sitting next to you, talk with the person serving you rotis, talk with mess worker. Knock the next door and interact with your neighbors in hostel. Greet your hostel guard and be friendly to them. Don’t shy to talk and interact with people around. Believe me, this one skill is must !
- Participate in frosh week events: During my 1st year, I have seen people around me saying “Leave it man, it seems a boring event…lets go to hostel room and sleep.” For God sake, never ever prefer sleeping over attending the events. How much ever worthless that event may sound to you, that will be certainly better than sleeping. Go out and rock and roll guys. Check out this blog post to see what you can do around your campus.
- Join a Society: There are more than 30 societies in Thapar University related to singing, dancing, entrepreneurship (EDC cell), NGO, environment care and many more. In whatever field you are interested, you will be able to find a society related to that. And, If you think your interest in particular field doesn’t exist in form of society in thapar, then its even better. Go and gether people of similar interest and start that society.
- Attend Classes: haha….I know this seemed bullshit, but, as a senior I need to warn you one very important thing. Thapar teachers are damn serious about 75% attendance criteria especially during 1st and 2nd years. In any situation, never let your attendance to be even 74.9%, you may be detained !
- Code: Believe me guys and gals, at-least once try coding even if you are not from computer science background. Try to build your interest in programming. Make accounts at websites like hacker earth, hacker rank, code shef. This one skill will show the results once you get into final year when you will see 90% of the companies demand programming. (Don’t worry, I will be writing another post on this point).
All the very best people. Make this part of your life awesome !
Rock it !
Share the post with your friends and help them utilise their time effectively :