“Ajay Singh” who was placed at “OYO Rooms” talks about his interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what he says about the placement season.
His Interview was taken by UnsaidTalks Interviewer: “Ranveer Singh”
Profile Offered: Software Engineer
Branch and Graduation Year: COE-2019
Package Offered: 10.5LPA
Cgpa cutoff: 7.0
Interview difficulty level: 6/10 (1-very easy, 10-very Difficult)
Here are the questions we asked from Ajay Singh to know about his interview experience.
Question 1: Introduce yourself to our readers.
Answer: A passionate competitive programmer
Question 2: Describe Your written test experience specifying the number of rounds, details of each round and type of test platform ( If online mention the type of test platform eg. Hackereart, CoCubes, Amcat etc).
Answer: Online test of 90 minutes consisting of two coding questions. Questions:
1.Given a 2D matrix of characters and a word, find if the word exist in the 2D matrix. Starting from any position we can move in horizontal or vertical direction at each character.
2. Given a 2D matrix of numbers and a number N. Rotate the given matrix by 90° N times.
Question 3: Describe your all technical interviews specifying the number of rounds and details of each round.
Answer: There were two PI rounds:
Round 1: Two coding question were asked:
1. Distance between two nodes in a given binary tree using only 1 transversal.
2. Given two sorted arrays. The second array has blank positions equal to number of elements in first array. Insert elements of first array in the second array such that resultant array is also sorted.
Round 2: In this round more theoretical questions were asked. Questions:
1. Rearrange a given linked list such that all the even numbers come before the odd numbers.
2. Explain the following:
- Topological Sorting
- Banker’s Theorem ( OS )
- Indexing in DBMS
3. What happens when we search for google.com
4. Find longest increasing sub-sequence
Question 4: What do you think were key factors in your selection?
Answer: Confidence and good coding skills
Question 5: What would you like to advise juniors for cracking the HR round?
Answer: You should know about the company and be confident
Question 6: Advice to juniors for technical skills they should develop
Answer: You should learn: Java, C++, Web Technology, Machine Learning, etc.
For any further Queries feel free to comment below.