“Gurnoor” who was placed at “ZS Associates” talks about her interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what she says about the placement season.
Profile offered: Business Operations Associate
Branch and Graduation Year: ELE 2019
Package Offered: 6.53LPA
Cgpa Cutoff : 6.5
Interview Difficulty Level: 6
Here are the questions we asked from Gurnoor to know about her interview experience.
Question 1: Introduce yourself to our readers.
Answer: I am a final year engineering student with Electrical as my specialisation. Over the past three years in Thapar, along with studying engineering, I have also invested time in building my skills in the marketing space through various internships and projects. I have also worked towards developing my overall personality through extra-curricular activities. As a person, I am goal driven and people oriented. I thrive on setting challenging goals for myself and then achieving them
Question 2:Describe Your written test experience specifying number of rounds ,details of each round and type of test platform(online -amcat,hackerearth etc offline)
Answer: The test pattern was a total surprise as compared to last year. The test could be given at home which was proctored by webcams. 40 questions were expected to be attempted in 45 minutes. The questions were mainly from Quant and LIDR with a major portion of the questions inclined towards the latter. The cutoff for the test was apparently pre-determined. The link to the next round was displayed at the end for those who succeeded to clear the cutoff for the aptitude test.
Question 3:Describe your all technical interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round (if any)(please share coding questions if possible)
Answer: There were 4 rounds after the aptitude test.
1) The first round was the video interview round. There was a set of 8 questions, the answers to which had to be submitted in a video format in real time. One minute was given for thinking and 2 minutes were given for recording the answers to the questions. The questions included guesstimates ( Paint required to paint a wall of 10*15 dimensions, Number of tennis balls that could be fit into a plane etc.). It also included situational problems ( What would u do if.., ), Experience based problems ( Had u ever encountered a situation where-in?. ) etc. 82 students (out of the initial 600) were selected after this round for the further three rounds.
2) The second round was the case study round. A case study was handed over to the students of about 8-10 pages and exactly 30 minutes to solve the case study. The case study comprised of three parts. The first part checked your ability to handle complex numerical problems. The second part checked your logical approach towards problem solving. And the third part checked your ability to form inferences from distributed ambiguous data. All the students were then called for the case interviews where-in we were expected to present our case and inferences. They mainly checked your approach towards handling the problems and not the final answer. The interview lasted for about 45 mins
3) The third round was the evidence based interview. It comprised of resume probe and a number of guesstimates, puzzles and brain teasers. It lasted for about 45 mins
4) The fourth round was the fit interview. It checked how well will you be able to blend in the ZS culture and how well do you understand your role in the company through a set of direct and indirect questions about yourself and the various projects you have done over the 3 years and before.
Question 4:Describe your all HR interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round
Answer: The last round called the FIT round was an HR round. It was taken by the senior principal of the company. They basically wanted to know who you are as a person and what do u expect form the company and yourself in the company. They tried to examine your interests and personality and checked if you were a “fit” to the ZS culture. It lasted for about 20-30 minutes.
Question 5:Key factors for your selection
Answer: 1) Interest in the area. Do not apply for companies you don’t have interest in. They will easily know.
2) Various internships (Brand management(Large International Beverage Firm), Digital Marketing (IIM-L) , Marketing ( IIM-L) , Artificial Intelligence ( Accenture)).
3) Various works as a Team Member and as a Team lead in societies/events in thapar.
Question 6:Advice to juniors for cracking HR round
Answer: 1) Work on your communication skills
2) Know yourself( strengths, weaknesses, failures, likes, dislikes, hobbies, dreams, interests) and what do u eventually want to do in life.
3) Know your resume in and out. Do not mention projects you do not know everything about.
4) Know the company and your role in and out.
For any further Queries feel free to contact below:
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org