“Karan Jain” who was interned at “Samsung” talks about his interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what he says about the placement season.
His Interview was taken by UnsaidTalks Interviewer: “Sidhant”
Profile offered: Intern
Job Location: Noida
Branch and Graduation Year: ENC – 2022
Cgpa Cutoff: Samsung did not say that there was a CG cut, but almost all students that got in were 9+ CGPA scorers.
Interview Difficulty Level: The interview was a 6/10; it was not very hard. (1-very easy, 10-very difficult)
Here are the questions we asked Karan Jain to know about his interview experience.
Question 1: Introduce yourself to our readers.
Answer: I am Karan Jain from Ludhiana. My branch is ENC(2022 batch). I was a part of the student council. I was not a part of any society, but I have played sports like table tennis. I have always been good at studies and even received a scholarship. As for my technical skills, I have done C/C++, python, and around placements, I started preparing well for DSA.
Question 2: Describe Your written test experience specifying the number of rounds, details of each round, and type of test platform (online – amcat, hackerearth, etc / offline)
Answer: No written test
Question 3: Describe your all technical interviews specifying the number of rounds and details of each round (if any) (please share coding questions if possible)
Answer: The interview’s main focus was on OOPs, C/C++, and DSA. They asked me a little about my projects. They didn’t give any coding questions as such, but they gave me a couple of questions and told me to explain how I would write the function for the problem. I was not required to write it but just had to explain it to them. These questions were not very difficult. Only 30-35 students were shortlisted by Samsung based on our resume to be interviewed in this round.
Question 4: Describe your all HR interviews specifying the number of rounds and details of each round
Answer: There was one HR interview. They asked me questions about the company and why I wanted to join it. They also asked me detailed questions on my projects, primarily application-based. They asked questions like, “why did you do this project?”, “How did you do this project?”. Other than this, there were some usual HR questions about my strengths and weaknesses. They also asked about my accomplishments. They appreciated it if you gave them a unique answer since they had similar answers from almost everyone. So if you can, you should try to answer in creative ways. Out of 30-35 students, Samsung selected 22 students for their internship.
Question 5: What were the key factors for your selection?
Answer: CGPA cutoff was a significant factor. Other than that, you should know how to talk fluently, calmly, and be confident throughout your interview. Another important thing is to keep optimum eye contact since they observe these things.
Question 6: What are the things students should focus on in order of priority?
Answer: You should start practicing coding as early as possible so that you have enough time to improve your skills. It is all a matter of consistency. You should maintain your CG above 8. You’ll be at a very safe spot if you’re able to keep it above 8-8.5, and there will be no company that won’t consider you. You should focus on OOPs and all their concepts like polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction since these are asked in great detail in all interviews.
Question 7: According to you, what role do extracurricular activities as well as participation in societies play?
Answer: No company prefers to hire a nerd. They want balanced personalities, and participation in societies and extracurricular activities shows that you are more than just your studies. In your interviews, 70% role is played by your studies, and the rest, 30%, is based on your extracurricular. I did not have any society in my four years of college, although I played sports or other extracurricular activities.
Question 8: Any Other Advice you would like to give to your juniors?
Answer: My advice would be to start basic coding at an early stage. You will never have the proper guidance about the right time to start working on your coding. So I would say that you should start working on your skills from your second year, and then you can take them to a better level in your third year. Coding is just like maths; you have to do it regularly.
Question 9: How can we contact you? (LinkedIn Profile Link/Contact No./etc.)
Your LinkedIn Profile URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karan-jain-50698b1b3
For any further Queries feel free to comment below.