“Kumod Ranjan” who was placed at “Reliance Industries Limited” talks about his interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what he says about placement season.
Branch & Graduation Year: Chemical Engineering, 2018
Profile Offered: Technical Marketing Manager
Cgpa cutoff: 6
Interview difficulty level: 8/10 (1-very easy, 10-very Difficult)
Here are the questions we asked from Kumod to know about his interview experience.
Question 1: Introduce yourself to our readers.
Answer 1: I am Kumod Ranjan, Chemical Engineering student of National Institute of Technology Jalandhar. I am a goal oriented, optimistic, a quick learner, self motivated and a team spirited individual. I have the confidence of unleashing new ideas and implementing them to perfection. My Strengths are: Good communication skills. Always keen to learn new things and meet new people with ease and Hardworking. I am a passionate person who does his work with great perfection. I have been appreciated for my leadership qualities.
Question 2: Describe Your written test experience specifying the number of rounds, details of each round and type of test platform ( If online mention the type of test platform eg. Hackereart, CoCubes, Amcat etc).
Answer: There were 2 sections and 80 ques in total for 60 mins, and test is conducted by AMCAT platform.
- SECTION-1 is of Aptitude in which 30 ques are there for 30 mins time. In Aptitude section questions are from Quantitative aptitude (20 approx) and important topics in this are-Time and work Time and speed, series completion, odd one out, mixture and allegation,simple and compound interest and profit and loss. Most of the ques are from these topics. Verbal+Logical Reasoning (10 ques approx) – Fill in the Blanks, Find the suitable word and pictures type ques are there in this.
- SECTION-2 is of Technical Paper (Chemical Engineering) in which 50 questions are there for 30 mins time. In Technical section questions are from important core chemical engineering subjects-
- Chemical Technology(Industrial Applications)
- Distillation Column(10-12 ques)
- Process Design and Control(7-8 ques)
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
According to my personal experience I can suggest-
- Be fast with your Calculations as calculators are not allowed and we are habitual of it,so try to do calculations without calculators to increase your speed for solving questions in main exam.
- Practice Aptitude regularly from Indiabix and Rs-Agarwal.
- For Technical Part be through with your core chemical concepts and its industrial applications(by standard book).
Question 3: Describe your all technical interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round (if any).
Answer: There are 3 rounds after selection in written test i.e Group Discussion, Technical Interview and HR Interview. All rounds are eliminating rounds.
- In Group discussion general topics are there like in my GD topic given was- Punjab-The story of unrealised potential. In this interviewer just want to check your expressive tendency i.e you can express your ideas in a team or not. GD was mass elimination round (only 7 student got selected out of 21 student).
- After GD 1st round of interview was technical based but the profile offered to us is Technical Marketing so technical portion was not that much.
- 1st round of interview was Situational Interview in which interviewer gave me a marketing situation and asked me for the solution, situation given to me was- Sweet Biscuits are there on the table and interviewer said me that he was suffering from Diabetes and he is 54 years old, from 20 years he didn’t eat sweet biscuits and he don’t even like its smell. He asked me to sell this sweet biscuits to him. So for this interview you can’t follow any fixed algorithm to get success. Its up to your knowledge, confidence and convincing power to get success in this round.
- 2nd round was HR round described in next question.
Question 4: Describe your all HR interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round.
Answer: In HR round they want to check your business acumen and knowledge about market trends. In my case interviewer asked me about general marketing and business terms like –
- what is the cost of capital ?
- Difference between Revenue and Sale ?
- Difference between Marketing and Sale ?
- Oil cut ?
- Stock Price ?
- Depreciation ?
- Assets and Liabilities ?
- Causes of instability in Oil Market ?
- EBIDTA ?
Means with technical knowledge of petroleum industries you must have business knowledge also to get success in this.
Question 5: What do you think were key factors for your selection?
Answer: Factors according to me are –
- Communication skills
- Convincing power
- Leadership Qualities
- Never Give up attitude
- Passionate F
First 3 qualities are most important factor Reliance needs for this profile.
Question 6: What would you like to advise juniors for cracking Technical round of this company?
Answer: According to Me Just prepare the concepts of Chemical Engineering throughout. Have basic polymer knowledge i.e History of plastics,brief refining process,polymer classification,applications of polymer. Prepare about Competitors of RIL. All downstream process in details. In this interview stay positive, work hard and have patience.
Question 7: What would you like to advise juniors for cracking HR round of this company?
Answer: According to me to get success in this you must be Confident and have good Communication skills. Having knowledge is a good thing but how you can express that knowledge is most important thing, So be Expressive in this. Stay motivated and be Disciplined throughout the Interview. Show interviewer that you are best for the role i.e never give up attitude. So my advice is to work hard in brushing your skills and learning. You all will get whatever is best for you. So have positive Nature and Patience.
For any further Queries feel free to contact below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004422288105
- Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kumod-ranjan-22703910b/