“Manishi Sharma” who was placed at “Samsung R&D Noida” talks about her interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what she says about the placement season.
Her Interview was taken by UnsaidTalks Interviewer: “Anshul Tungaria”
Branch and Graduation Year: Electronics and Computers – 2020
Profile Offered: Software Engineer
Package Offered: CTC 12 lacs
Job Location: Noida
CGPA Cutoff: 7
Here are the questions we asked from Manishi Sharma to know about her interview experience.
Question 1:Describe Your written test experience specifying the number of rounds, details of each round and type of test platform ( If online mention the type of test platform eg. Hackereart, CoCubes, Amcat etc).
Answer: While appearing for Samsung, I was given one question with a time limit of 3 hours. The question required backtracking, recursion and graphs in order to be solved.
Question 2:Describe your all technical interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round (if any).
Answer: There was only one technical interview. They asked me in detail about the projects I mentioned in my resume and along with questions on DBMS, OS and data structures. Make sure that you are ready to answer any question related to your resume. The interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes.
Question 3:Describe your all HR interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round.
Answer: The HR interview mainly consisted of general questions involving topics like why I am motivated to pursue a career in the coding field. Questions about me in general as well as my family were also asked. The interview did not consist of any technical questions.
Question 4:What would you like to advise juniors for cracking HR round of this company?
Answer: Just be confident and be yourself.
Question 5:Any Other Advice you would like to give to your juniors?
Answer: 1. Explore the languages that you are interested in, be it C++, Python or any other language you are willing to learn.
2. Join societies in 1st and 2nd year to explore the extra curricular activities, it will be a fun experience and you will gain confidence in yourself.
3. Don’t just stick to one field of coding, try your hands on Web development, Machine Learning, etc. It’s always good to have knowledge about more than one field of coding.
4. So give priority to Data structures, OS, DBMS and Networking while preparing for your campus placements.
5. Practice competitive and previously asked questions on Codechef, Hackerrank, CodeForces, etc. to have a good practice and to develop your logical thinking.
6. Focus on making innovative projects when you are in your mid 2nd year, it’s always good to have projects on your CV.
7. Try for internships in your 3rd year as they will make you familiar to the corporate and technical side of the companies and it will be great to have work experience before finally getting placement in 4th year.
8. Always try to maintain a decent CGPA, i.e, more than 8.5.
For any further Queries feel free to comment below.