“Sahil Talwar” who was placed at “Cognizant” talks about his interview experience and some other tips to prepare for placement season. Check out what he says about the placement season.
His Interview was taken by UnsaidTalks Interviewer from NITJ: “Aditya”
Profile offered: Software Developer
Branch and Graduation Year: CSE 2019
Package Offered: 10.31 LPA (CTC)
CGPA Cutoff : 6
Interview Difficulty Level: 7/10 (1-very easy, 10-very difficult)
Here are the questions we asked from Sahil to know about his interview experience.
Question 1:Introduce yourself to our readers.
Answer: My name is Sahil Talwar and I’m currently pursuing my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at NIT Jalandhar. My technical areas of interests are data structures,hacking,software and web development. And my hobbies include playing chess,cricket,table tennis;listening music and travelling,
Question 2:Describe Your written test experience specifying number of rounds ,details of each round and type of test platform(online -amcat,hackerearth etc offline)
Answer: Online Round was conducted on Amcat and was divided broadly into two sections:
1. MCQ section: This section included-
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Business reasoning
2. Coding Section: There were two coding questions and they carried more marks than MCQ section. One question was simple, based on data structures(trees or linked list) while other was of moderate level.
Question 3:Describe your all technical interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round (if any)(please share coding questions if possible)
Answer: I had just one technical round. It was a skype interview and lasted for around 1 hour and 15 minutes. The interviewer started with describe yourself and after asking me about my internship project, he moved to technical questions. I can categorize the questions in following manner:
- Basics of C,C++
- OOPS concepts
- Core JAVA and some advanced concepts like servlets,JSP
- SQL queries and JDBC(Code)
- Sorting Algorithms and their comparison
- Data structures (mainly trees)
- Agile and design patterns
- New technologies(i told about ML and blockchain)
The interviewer didn’t make me write whole code but asked for approach or just the algorithm for certain coding questions based on trees and arrays.
Question 4:Describe your all HR interviews specifying number of rounds and details of each round
Answer: There was only one HR round and it covered following questions:
- Describe yourself.
- Do u have an idea about company like company’s services and work?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Do u have any study plans in future?
- Where do u see yourself after five years?
- Are u ready to relocate ?
Question 5: Key factors for your selection
Answer: I believe following were my key factors for my selection:
- Coding skills
- Technical knowledge
- Some knowledge about upcoming technologies like Machine Learning and blockchain.
Question 6: Advice to juniors for technical skills they should develop
Answer: I would suggest the following:
- Practice questions on data structures(can follow geeksforgeeks)
- Should have deep knowledge of OOPS and database concepts.
- Improvise problem solving through competitive programming on online platforms like codechef ,HackerRank and HackerEarth, codeforces etc.
- Be able to explain approach properly and with confidence.
Question 7: Advice to juniors for cracking HR round
Answer: Be yourself. Listen properly and reply with confidence.
For any further Queries feel free to contact below:
- Email – email@example.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sahil-talwar/